| We split it, fifty-fifty. | 我们五五分帐。 |
| This one is straight from the top. | 这是直接由上头交待的。 |
| The goods are now in transit. | 这批货物正在运输途中。 |
| Take your time. | 慢慢来,不用急。 |
| I don’t know what came over me . | 我不知道自己哪根筋不对。 |
| Please put him through. | 把他转接给我。 |
| I am going to hit the sack, I am exhausted. | 我精疲力尽了,准备去睡觉了。 |
| We can add a rider for that. | 我们可以针对这点加上附加条款。 |
| I am sitting pretty in a pretty little city. | 我在一个漂亮的小城市里过的很好。 |
| You have got the waiver, so you are clear. | 你有买免责险,所以不用负责。 |
| Make sure your agreement has an escape clause. | 确定你的协议里加了免责条款。 |
| Insurers usually will try to avoid hugh payouts. | 保险公司通常会设法避免巨额保险给付。 |
| We fail to see the validity in your claim. | 我们不认为你的理赔申请有效。 |
| I just want some easy grades. | 我只想混学分。 |
| I would not wish to be inferior to others. | 我不希望自己比别人差。 |
| The coat was a real buy. | 这件衣服买的划算。 |
| The program is inadequately financed. | 这个项目没有得到足够的财政支持。 |
| I’d like to have a seat by the window. | 我要一个靠窗的位子。 |
| I ‘d like a refund on this ticket. | 我要退这张票。 |
| Death toll climbs in quake aftermath. | 地震死亡人数随后攀升。 |
| I’d like to buy an excursion pass instead. | 我要买一张优待票代替。 |
| Belssed China. United coutrymen. | 天佑中华,众志成城。 |
| We waited for john in the lobby of the airport. | 我们在机场的大厅里等约翰。 |
| I’ll pick up ticket at the airport counter. | 我会在机场柜台拿机票。 |
| I have nothing to delcare. | 我没有申报的东西。 |
| I am very much behind Michael Foot on this. | 在这点上我非常支持米歇尔·福特。 |
| I won’t check this baggage. | 这件行李我不托运。 |
| You may be away from home for a period of time. | 你可以离开家一段时间。 |
| I’d like to reserve a sleeper to Chicago. | 我要订去芝加哥的卧铺。 |
| Apart from being too large, it doesn’t suit me. | 除了太大之外,它对我也不合适。 |
| I’d like to change this ticket to the first class. | 我想把这张票换成头等车。 |
| Energy and persistenece conquer all things. | 能力加毅力可以征服一切。 |
| Our company is well ahead of its rivals. | 我们公司远远超过了主要竞争对手。 |
| Rain splashed aginst the window panes. | 雨点打在玻璃上,噼啪作响。 |
| I am hunger for a long vocation. | 我渴望有一个长长的假期。 |
| Insurance covers overland transportation. | 保险应包括陆地的运输。 |
| Transhipment is not allowed. | 不准许转船。 |
| I wound up paying for it myself. | 结果由我来付账。 |
| The palce abounds in rumours. | 此地谣言盛行。 |
| I don’t like this kind of combined transportation. | 我并不喜欢这种联运方式。 |
| They decorated the house regardless of cost. | 他们不惜工本装修这栋房子。 |
| I could hardly keep from lauging. | 我简直忍不住大笑起来。 |
| The heat made him feel he wasn’t up to more. | 热使他感到再也受不了了。 |
| What’s your unloading port please? | 你们的卸货港在那里? |
| There was nothing we could do other than wait. | 除了等以外,我们别无他法。 |
| Now Dalian is fine as the loading port. | 现在可以把大连定为装运港。 |
| She was despised on account of her sex. | 她因性别而遭到歧视。 |
| Are you in favor of worker’s control of companies. | 你是否赞同由工人管理公司。 |
| Can you have them sent by railway? | 能采用陆运方式么? |
| The earth quake is estimated to have had magnitude of 7.8. | 地震估计为7.8级。 |
原文:Quick fixes for image problems
翻译:Oneleo
You know that people make snap judgments about you based on your appearance. But it turns out that most of those judgments are right. In a study where people viewed photos of CEOs, the people were able to guess the personalities of the CEOs accurately just by looking at their photo. (Hat tip: Recruiting Animal)
你知道人们总是从你的外表给你一个快速评价(也可以称之为第一印象),而通常这些第一印象的大多数都还是比较准确的。在一个研究当中,让人们看众多CEO 的照片,人们就可以只是通过照片而能猜到这些CEO真正的个人特性。
Sometimes it’s about body language, and sometimes it’s about tone of voice (the Economist reports that men with appealing voices are better looking, and better looking men are smarter). One of the easiest ways to change peoples’ perceptions of you is with your clothes. I have hired a consultant to help me with this (recommended) and I have managed my wardrobe myself, on camera (not recommended).
有的时候,可能是肢体语言,有的时候也可能是声音的音调(经济学人报道说,那些有着好听的声音的人一般相貌也会好,而那些看起来长得不错的那些人也更聪明)。一个最简单的改变一个人对于你看法的便是你的衣着。我曾经雇了一个顾问专门在这个问题上帮我(推荐),同时我自己也用照相机管理着自己的衣柜(不推荐)。
So I’m not great at telling you how to make your voice more attractive, but I know a bit about dressing to manage your image, and here are some ideas:
当然我并不擅长告诉你如何让自己的声音更具吸引力,但是我却知道一点点关于如何经营你的外在形象,下面便是我的一些个人经验:
Best way to choose an interview suit
Spend more time choosing the tailor than the suit. A bad suit makes people think you look bad and a good suit makes people think you deserve a chance. So, since a good suit won’t get you a job, don’t break the bank. Buy a just-barely-okay suit and take it to a good tailor. The thing you pay for in an expensive suit is fabric that doesn’t wrinkle and that lays well on your body.
Since you are having your cheap fabric tailored, it will lay well on your body. And if you don’t sit a lot before the interview, it won’t wrinkle: Voila, an expensive suit that wasn’t expensive.
挑选面试外套的最好办法
花更多的时间去寻找裁缝而不是外套.一身不得体的外套常常让人们认为你很糟糕,而一身精彩的外套却只是使人们认为你有机会。因此,既然一套好的外套无法让你得到一份工作,那么就不要把你所有的储蓄都付诸于此。就买一些仅仅勉强还不错的外套吧,然后去找一个好的裁缝。你应该花更多的钱让那件外套平整顺滑而又适合你的身材。
既然你已经有裁缝的量身定做,那么你的衣服将会很贴身。前提是,在面试之前你最好不要坐着,这样衣服才不会褶皱。瞧,很不错的一件外套事实上并不贵。
Best way to feign an expensive wardrobe
The first three months on the job, buy shoes. If you think people don’t notice shoes, remember that managers in Google all wear the same shoes. It’s not an accident. Good shoes can make bad clothes look good. And don’t forget polish. Polishing silverware is outdated. Polishing shoes is not.
装扮一个豪华衣橱的最好方法:
前三个月的主要工作是,买鞋子。如果你认为人们不注意鞋子,那么请记住为什么Google的所有经理都穿一样的鞋子。这并不是偶然。一双好的鞋子可以使糟糕的衣着看起来不错。并且不要忘记把鞋子擦亮。抛光的银器已经过时,但是擦亮的鞋子却没有。
Most overlooked aspect of clothing
You can wear the same great glasses every day, so you get the most bang for your buck when you splurge on them. If you are wondering if your glasses are out of fashion, they are. If you don’t have enough money for a nice pair of glasses, wear contacts. Note to penny pinchers: When I have been short on money, I have never suffered from keeping disposable contacts in much longer than recommended.
衣着大多数被忽视的方面:
你可以每天戴一样的很棒的一幅眼镜,那样虽然你花了很多的钱买了它,但是你花的钱却物有所值。
如果你正在怀疑你的眼镜是否过时,那么他们确实是已经过实了的。如果你没有足够的钱去买一副好的眼睛,那么就戴隐形眼镜。精打细算的人要注意:当我没钱的时候,我也从来没有忍受长时间佩戴隐形眼镜。
Best long-term strategy
The world is not tracking the number of outfits you have and when you wear them. So if you can afford it, buy a few well-made outfits instead of a lot of cheap outfits. Low rotation is your best long-term strategy. Build a wardrobe of good clothes that fit well and you look like you’ve got your act together. Note to penny pinchers: Don’t forget to include the return on investment you get when you buy nice work clothes and you wear them on a date.
最好的长期策略:
这个世界并在乎你所有的衣物的多少和你什么时候穿。所以,如果你能够负担得起,那么就买一些制作精良的衣服代替那些便宜的衣服。低交替是你的长期策略。把你的衣柜打造成一个有品味的衣柜,那将也会使你的艺术品位得到体现。精打细算的人要注意:不要忘记当你穿上一件好的衣服并赶赴约会的时候,你所得到的投资回报。
Best ways to look older
Red lipstick for girls. And conservative earrings—like diamond studs or plain pearls. (You can buy both as fakes. The only way anyone will ever know is if you lose an earring at work and show no apparent concern.)
Guys, look more mature by ditching accouterments like a baseball cap or an iPod hanging from your ear. Also, buy glasses. They make you look older.
使自己看上去成熟的最好方法:
女孩子要用红颜色的口红。 戴保守的耳环,比如钻石耳钉或者纯珍珠。 (你可以买假的。但是当你在工作的时候丢了一个的时候,你却没有表现出任何在乎,那么这个时候别人可能就知道这是假的了。)
对男孩子来说,要想使自己看上去更加成熟,那就要甩开那些饰物比如棒球帽或者是你耳朵上还挂着的Ipod. 而且,买一个眼镜。这些都会使你看上去更成熟。
Best ways to look younger
Botox, of course. But for starters, get your eyebrows professionally tweezed and your hair professionally colored. And smell like a grapefruit.
使自己看上去年轻的最好方法:
当然是注射肉毒素。但仅仅适用于那些影视明星。使你的眉毛得到专业的修剪,头发得到专业的色彩。并且使自己浑身散发着葡萄柚水果般的清香。
以我个人来看,我也有理由来说说自己的观点。总觉得自己开始变老了。而且这种心境越来越严重。
头发:考虑烫卷发已经考虑了整整一年了,从小学到现在自己就一直都是自然直发,有时候梳个马尾辫,有时候披散着头发。可是,最近一段时间总是特别有烫卷发的冲动。之前,一直觉得卷发是成熟女人的专属,可是,现在自己也有了这种强烈的愿望。
耳洞:以前从来没有考虑过要打耳洞,要戴耳钉或者耳环之类的。但是,最近也突然非常想去打两个耳洞,戴上那些各色各样的浮躁的,可爱的,耀眼的,个性的耳环。可是,一直到现在自己都没有考虑好什么时候去打。应该在30岁之前吧。
珍珠项链:以前有很多机会看到珍珠项链,有很多机会可以买到珍珠项链。但是由于自己一直认为珍珠项链要年龄大的人带上去才更有气质,更有味道。但是,就在前几天自己却也买了一套珍珠项链+手链+耳钉。
唉,这种种事实和心理证明,自己的确开始变老了。
好在, 我依然讨厌红色的口红,甚至全部的口红都不用。好在,我没有天天为自己变老而忧郁。也好在,自己看上去也依然年轻。
既然如此,就要更加好好珍惜宝贵的时间,加倍努力,趁着还年轻,继续朝梦想和理想而奋斗.
原文:How to be more interesting to other people
翻译:Oneleo
For a while, I was a visual artist. Well, sort of. I mean, I made money from it. But as you may know, I am a big advocate of specializing, and I realized that I had a better chance of being outstanding in my field by focusing on writing instead of visual art.
有一段时间,我是一个视觉艺术家,当然我的意思是,有那么一点。我靠它赚钱。但是,正如你所知,我是一个专攻的支持者,并且我意识到了,我在写作方面比在视觉艺术方面更有可能取得杰出的成绩。
But I did learn some lessons from my visual art mentors, and one really cool thing someone taught me is that the color I choose is most interesting where it intersects with another color. Just knowing the right color to use is not the clever, interesting thing. Rather, interesting is when I am unsure what the two colors will do when they interact. (Here’s a great set of paintings that illustrate this idea.)
但是,从我的艺术导师那里我确实得到了很多教训,并且一件很冷酷的事情是,一个人告诉我,我选择的颜色是很有趣的,因为这种颜色和另外一种颜色相交叉。仅仅只是知道使用正确的颜色,这并不是什么聪明的,有趣的事情。然而,有趣的是,我并不确定当两种颜混在一起会产生什么影响。(这里有一个工具绘画板或许可以帮助你)
The same is true for writing. The interesting part of writing is not the part of the piece where you know exactly where it’s going. The interesting part is when you get to an unplanned moment in a paragraph and you surprise yourself by what you write next. It’s the moment of uncertainty, when you have to look inside yourself to keep going, and pull out something you didn’t know you had before.
对于写作也是有相同的道理。有趣的并不一定是你准确知道故事何去何从的那一部分.最有趣的部分是,当你写到了事先没有计划的一段,而你却被之后你所写出来的那部分而感到吃惊!这个时刻就是不确定,你不得不从你的内心深处寻找继续写下去的那些你之前从不晓得的事情。
When I taught writing at Boston University, it took most of the semester to get students to get to that moment. Most people are scared to get there.
当我在Boston 大学教写作时,那是需要一学期的大部分时间让学生们能够找到这个不确定的时刻。但是,大多数人害怕达到这个时刻!
That’s why most people do not appear to be as interesting as they really are.
那便是为什么大多数人并没有表现出他们深藏在内心的兴趣!
We each have spots in our lives where two colors are coming together and we’re not sure what will happen. That’s the part we should talk about when we talk about ourselves. If you limit the conversation, discussing only what you are certain about, then there’s no chance to stand on equal footing with your conversation partner. You stand on equal footing when you both reveal your struggles with what you don’t know yet, and the conversation can contribute to the answer.
在我们每个人的生活中也同样很多个点,在这个点当两种颜色同时汇聚到这里,我们并不确定将会发生什么!这个部分就是当我们谈论自己的时候应该讨论的。如果你限定了你们的谈话,仅仅只是讨论你所关心的,那么你将丧失了与你谈话的那个人处于平等的立足点的机会。只有当你们开始争论那些你们并不知道的事情的时候,这个时候你们才站在了平等的立足点,那么这段对话才会找到最终的答案!
A while back I wrote about Moira Gunn, and how she is good at interviewing people because she can find what’s interesting about them. She interviews scientists, and she is a pro at finding the quirky, unexpected moment within the topic of their science.
不久之前我写关于Moira Gunn的时候写到,她是怎样擅长采访别人,那是因为她总是能够找到他们共同感兴趣的话题。当她采访科学家时,她是发现跌宕起伏的能手,在他们科学主题限定内的不可预期。
You can do this with any subject. I do it with careers. Every week, for my column in the Boston Globe, I interview someone about their career. The beginning of the conversation is always the part they expect—where they tell me what they know about themselves and their career. There is not room for a real conversation. I just take notes.
你可以对于不同的主题都这样做。我就在职业生涯里这样做的。每周,我会从Boston Globe的栏目中面试一些人关于他们的职业生涯。对话的开始通常都是预期的那部分,他们会告诉我,他们对于自己和事业所知道的那些。这个时候没有任何真正对话的空间,我仅仅只是做些笔记。
And then I don’t use them. Because then I try to ask questions to get to what they don’t know. What are they trying to figure out? And we have a conversation about how people do that. And that is the part I use. Because that is the part that is interesting.
然后我并不用那些笔记。因为当我试着问那些他们并不知道的问题时。他们试图弄清楚那是什么?我们这才拥有了关于人们如何去做的对话。这就是我经常采用的,因为这就是那有趣的部分。
So look, interesting does not come from greatness. Interesting comes from conflict. Tolstoy opens Anna Karenina with the line, “Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way.” This is true of everything—not just families. So talk with people about the issues and problems you’re struggling with. That is how to be interesting. You don’t have to describe your life as if it were all struggle, with all the drama of Russian literature. But find that small moment when two of your own colors collide, and point it out to make interesting conversation.
如此看来,兴趣并非来自于伟大。兴趣来自于争执。 Tolstoy以这样一句话开始了Anna Karenina:“幸福的家庭都拥有同样的幸福,不幸的家庭却各有各的不幸。”这对于任何事情都是真实的并不仅仅对于家庭。因此同人们谈论一些他们正在挣扎的那些事情和问题吧!那才是如何变得有趣。你不必用俄国戏剧文学来描述你生活中的挣扎,仅仅只是需要找到那个微妙的时刻当两种颜色相互碰撞,把它说出来成为一个有趣的对话。
| what’s your specifica transport requirements? | 你们需要的运输条件是什么? |
| I need reservations in a five-star hotel. | 我预订好一家五星级酒店。 |
| Could you do something to advance your shipment? | 你们能不能设法提前交货? |
| Do you have something on your mind? | 你有一些打算么? |
| We arrange shipments to any part of the world. | 我们承揽去世界各地的货物。 |
| Sorry for interrupting. | 对不起,打断一下。 |
| How about meeting each other halfway? | 能不能互相做出让步? |
| We may offer you allowances on a sliding scale. | 我们可以按比例给您提供佣金。 |
| You can count on me. | 你可以指望我。 |
| Please hand the document in to me. | 请把那份文件交给我。 |
| That’s the best we can do. We can’t go any lower. | 这是我们的最低价格,不能再低了。 |
| Will you please quote FOB Brussels in U.S. dollar? | 请你们以美元,布鲁塞尔离岸价报价。 |
| What’s keeping you? | 你怎么耽搁了? |
| Our price is net without commission. | 我们的价格是净价不含佣金。 |
| There’s a lot of work piled up on my desk. | 瞧我桌上堆了一堆的事。 |
| Business is possible is you increase the price by 2%. | 如果你方提价2%,交易才有可能。 |
| I can’t make an exception for you. | 我不能为你破例。 |
| How about repairs after the warranty expires? | 在保修期过后的修理怎么办呢? |
| This is a piece of work I can be proud of. | 这是我的得意之作。 |
| We appreciate your cooperating with us. | 感谢你同我们的合作。 |
| Don’t slack off! | 别偷懒! |
| I must advise you of the specifications of the goods. | 我必须告诉你货物的规格。 |
| I wish I had never met you. | 我真希望我从来没有遇到过你。 |
| These two grades are very much in demand. | 这两种等级的货,目前需求很大。 |
| Hey, come on. Pull yourself together. | 嘿,来吧。打起精神来。 |
| I get along well with him. | 我和他很合的来。 |
| Would you get to the point? | 你能把要点说得再清楚点儿么? |
| Our quality is based solely on our sales samples. | 我们的质量完全以样货为准。 |
| Are you working overtime tonight? | 今晚你加班么? |
| I am so tired. Let’s finish up. | 我太累了,今天就到这儿吧! |
| Let me give you this list of departments first. | 我先给你这份各个部门的清单。 |
| Could you put me through to the toy department? | 请帮我接玩具部好吗? |
| The train was five minutes behind schedule. | 火车晚点了5分钟。 |
| It’s good for 24 hours only. | 只有24小时的有效期。 |
| It’s very creepy to walk alone at 1 am. | 凌晨一点一个人走很害怕。 |
| Don’t give me any lame excused next time! | 下次别再用这样蹩脚的借口。 |
| There is no indication of price. | 没有标明价格。 |
| Good coffee, really hits the spot. | 咖啡很好喝,真过瘾。 |
| Do business on a commission basis. | 做有佣金的买卖。 |
| He is too cute to be straight. | 他太可爱了,绝对不可能是异性恋。 |
| He is wearing an odd pair of stockings. | 他穿的袜子不是一对的。 |
| on the basis of equiality and mutual benefit. | 在平等互利的基础上。 |
| I hate to see you in such a low spirits. | 我讨厌看到你这么情绪低落。 |
| We are sending you catalogue under separate cover. | 目录将另函寄出。 |
| 10% discount to parites of more than then. | 10人以上团体优惠10%。 |
| When would the inflation reach a plateau? | 通货膨胀能够什么时候会停下来? |
| Wxpanding trade between us will be to our mutual benefit. | 扩大贸易对我们都有力。 |
| We weighed up the pros and cons. | 我们权衡了利弊得失。 |
| Thet incident sparked off a whole series of events. | 那一事件引发出一连串的事。 |
| Call Mary, she can come at the drop of a hat. | 给玛丽打电话吧,她招之即来。 |
作者: The Creative Lawyer by Michael Melcher
翻译:OneLeo
I sometimes advocate creating a personal board of directors. It’s basically a set of people you rely on for advice throughout your life and career. (Stay tuned for my New York Times guest-blog on this subject.)
我曾发起建立一个私人的董事会。它是基于那些你信任并且在你的生活和职业生涯中,你会从他们那里寻求建议的人。(更多详情可参阅我在纽约时代guest-blog的这个主题。)
A lot of people think this is a good idea, but figure they don’t really know that many useful people. Au contraire! You actually know a lot more people than you think, and some of the best members of your potential board might be people whom you regularly contact for other purposes.
很多人都认为这是一个不错的主意,但是他们认为自己却并不怎么知道那么多有用的人。事实上相反,你真正知道的肯定要比你想象中多得多,并且你私人董事会的最好成员,往往就是你处于某些目的而经常练习的人。
To brainstorm who might be good members of your board, answer the following prompts (adapted from my smash-hit bestselling book, The Creative Lawyer), as quickly as you can.
对谁将是你的董事会中最好的人员,来一次头脑风暴吧!回答下面的一些选项,(这些均来自于我的一本名叫<Smash-hit>的畅销书)用你最快的速度:
Write the name of someone you know who: 把符合下面要求的人名字写下来: Other potential nominees, and their area of contribution to your life: 当然你也可以自己列出一些对你的生活有着重要影响的方方面面: Review the names you’ve written. Circle between six and ten names to be on your personal board of directors.
Adapted from The Creative Lawyer. Copyright 2007 Michael F. Melcher. All rights reserved.
好了,回顾一下你所写下来的名字,从其中圈下6到10个人的名字放到你的私人董事会中。这将是你人生中宝贵的财富,好好利用他们吧!
Oneleo: 这真的是一个有效的管理人脉关系网的方法,大家不妨找来一两个好友一起进行一次头脑风暴,相信收获会远远超过想象的。
1. Is incredibly organized (最具组织性的人)
2. Knows how to have fun (知道如何找乐子的人)
3. Knows everyone (最具人脉关系的人)
4. Can give you encouragement in tough times (在你最艰难的时刻,鼓励你的人)
5. Can talk to you straight about your weaknesses (对你的缺点可以直言不讳的人)
6. Is unfailingly logical(最具逻辑性的人)
7. Is deeply empathetic (有着深深信仰的人)
8. Is spiritually advanced (思想成熟的人)
9. Can handle a crisis (能够临危不惧,及时应变危机的人)
10. Has known you since childhood (从孩童时代就认识你的人)
11. Is politically connected (有政治背景的人)
12. Is entrepreneurial(企业家)
13. Is good at raising kids (对孩子教导有方的人)
14. Is an expert on money (理财的专家)
15. Is an expert on relationships (人际关系专家)
16. Is an expert on health (养生专家)
17. Is an expert at work/life balance(工作/生活的平衡专家)
18. Is an expert in the type of work you do(与你同行的专家)
19. In an expert in a type of work you are interested in (你感兴趣的职业的行家)
20. Gives good advice about office politics (对办公室政治化的良言)
21. Gives good advice about professional development (个人发展方面的建议者)
22. Gives good advice about how to get ahead (如何取得进步的建议者)
23. Thinks you are great at what you do (认为你做得很好的人)
24. Thinks you have great talents other than your present career (认为你有更好的才能而不是做目前的职业)
25. Thinks you are a great person (认为你是一个伟大的人)
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
原文:How to negotiate more effectively with anyone
翻译:OneLeo
During my first job interview, my mom drove me to 31-Flavors while we practiced interview questions.
在我第一次找工作参加面试的时候,我妈妈开车带我去31-Flavor进行面试练习。
One question we did not practice was “How much money are you expecting?”
我们没有练习过的一个问题是:你期望拿多少钱?
When the ice cream store owner asked, I said, “Well, my parents are cutting off my allowance for the summer so I’d like twenty dollars a week.” That seemed like a lot because I wouldn’t need money for school lunches.
当这个冰激凌店店主问我这个问题时,我回答:“嗯,我父母从我的津贴中扣掉部分放在夏季里,因此我想一个星期二十美元”这个数字看似很多,因为我在学校吃午饭是不需要花钱的。
Later, my mom pointed out that I gave a number so low that it would have been illegal. In the end, the owner paid me minimum wage for a 40-hour week, and because I had asked for so little at the beginning, by the time I was a doing the job of a manager I was making less than some scoopers.
过后,我的母亲指出来说我给的这个数字太低了,看上去是违法的。最后,店主付了我一周40个工作时的最少薪水,那是因为我在一开始开价太少了,到我做经理的时候, 我赚的钱甚至少于手下。
So I quit, and moved to a pizza parlor where I got extra money for cutting the salami with the machine that cut peoples’ fingers. It wasn’t until later in my career that I realized there are established strategies for salary negotiations, and if you follow them, you will likely get the salary you deserve without risking the loss of a limb.
因此,我放弃了,并且转向一个皮萨店,在这里我可以得到更多的钱做意大利香肠切割机。直到我职业生涯的晚期,我才意识到其实关于薪水谈判是有既定的策略的,如果你能够遵守这些原则,那么你将有可能得到一份你渴望的薪水.
I got a lot of practice doing that in my twenties - having about ten jobs in ten years. I got a sense of who would negotiate and who wouldn’t. I learned to read people in business. And then I realized that you can use these skills for a lot more than just salary.
我在二十几岁的时候得到了很多锻炼,在十年期间里我做了十分工作。我对于谁会谈判而谁不会已经有了一种直觉。我学会了在商务会谈中如何读懂别人,并且我还意识到,其实你可以把这些技能用在更多的场合而不仅仅只是薪水的谈判。
One of my bosses gave me the book Getting To Yes. He said the book would help me manage because every management moment actually has implied negotiations.
我有一个老板送给我一本书:Getting To Yes。这本书将会对我的管理有益,因为任何一个管理的时刻都相当于一个隐含的谈判。
When I went to couples therapy with my husband, the therapist assigned us reading. (Who knew therapist assigned books?) But guess what it was? Getting to Yes.
当我和我的丈夫去参加夫妻疗法时,这个治疗师安排我们读书。(谁知道他会给什么书?)猜猜怎么着,这本书就是Getting To Yes。
It was a great idea. Because then instead of paying a therapist to entertain our insane ideas of changing each other. We learned how to make the other person feel happy about giving us what we want by making sure that they get something, too.
这个主意不错,与其付给这个医生用一些娱乐的疯狂的主意来改变我们倒不如这样读一本书。我们学到如何让对方给我们我们想要的东西却感到开心——他们也得到了某些东西。
So I was excited when I had the opportunity to interview the author of Getting toYes, William Ury. He’s director of the Global Negotiation Project at Harvard, and his new book is The Power of a Positive No: How to Say No and Still Get to Yes. Here are his five best tips for doing well in negotiations.
因此当我有机会能够拜访Getting To Yes 的作者William Ury 时,我是异常兴奋的。 他是哈佛全球谈判项目的导师,并且他的一本新书:The Power of a Positive No: How to Say No and Still Get to Yes 中有5个对我们谈判的最好的提醒。
1. Take a break.
Ury calls this “going to the balcony” in order to get a big picture handle on what’s going on so that you are not getting too worked up over irrelevant details. He says, “When we negotiate when we’re angry we give the best speech we’ll ever regret.”
1. 稍事休息
Ury 把这称为“走向阳台”,为了能够使我们对于正在发生和讨论的事情有一个更好的图画表现出来,以至于你不会被一些毫不相干的细节所累。他说:“当我们在生气时进行谈判,我们会说出令我们后悔一辈子的话。”
2. Know your BATNA.
This is negotiator-speak for “best alternative to a negotiated agreement.” That is, if you have to walk away, what’s the best you can get? This tells you how much power you have in negotiations. The person who needs the agreement the least has the best BATNA and the most power.
2. 知道你自己的BATNA
如果,你输了,你还能得到什么?这个说明在谈判中你有多少优势。越是不需要协议的人,越有着更好的BATNA,越是有利。
3. Put yourself in the other person’s shoes.
Ury describes negotiation as an exercise in influence. “You need to change someone’s mind, so you need to know where they are right now.” This means listening more than talking. And the first question to ask is Why. You will hear their needs, but you need to know the underlying cause for the need. For example, if your boss wants you to work a 16-hour day. To negotiate with your boss, you need to understand why - what needs to get done in those hours. Maybe you can get it done a different way.
3. 换位思考
Ury描述谈判犹如是影响力的一个练习。“你需要去改变某人的想法,因此你需要知道他们是怎么想的。”这意味着,要多听少说。而且你要问的第一个问题是为什么?你将会听到他们所想要的,但是你也必须知道他们为什想要这些的原因。举例说明,如果你的老板想要你一天工作16个小时。如果与老板就此事谈论时,你需要弄明白为什么?在这些工作小时里,他们需要你做些什么呢?或许你可以换一种想法去思考。
4. Learn to say no.
“In order to get to the right deal, you need to be able to say no to the wrong deal. Saying no is fundamental to the process of negotiation.”
Tip from the department of great-if-you’re-him: Warren Buffet once said that he doesn’t understand “getting to yes” because he just says no until he sees a perfect yes. Buffet says you only have to give four or five great yes responses in his work in order to be a billionaire.
4. 学会说不
“为了能够得到一个不错的协定,你需要有能力拒绝一些错误的协定,因此,学会说不是一个谈判过程中的基础。”
great-if-you’re-him小组给的建议是:Earren Buffet 曾经说过,他无法理解“Gettting To Yes”,因为他会一直说“不”直到他认为那是一个完美的“是”。Buffet 说:要想成为亿万富翁,只需要在工作中能说出四,五个关键的“是”。
5. Be clear on your values.
For those of us who might not see a perfect yes, deciding on no is more complicated, and we have to be really clear in our own minds about what we value and what we need. Sometimes a no is surrounded by a deeper yes. For example. You say yes to the values, no to the tactics and yes to going forward. Ury calls this a positive no. But he warns that if you’re in doubt, then the answer if probably no.
What I take away from Ury is that good negotiation is a combination of good self-knowledge and good people skills. And, not surprisingly, this is the combination that gets you a lot of things in life.
There are opportunities in each of our lives to practice negotiations constantly – even, as Web Worker Daily points out, in email. You can do it with a spouse, with a boss, with your neighbor who doesn’t clean the yard. The better you get at the small stuff, the easier the big moments of negotiation will feel.
5. 认清自我价值
对于那些暂时还没有一个完美的“是”,而又踌躇于不知是否说不的人,我们必须弄清楚自己的想法,知道自己的价值和明确自己的需要。有时候一个“不”其实是被一个深深隐藏的“是”而包围的。举例来说:你对对方的价值观是肯定的,对于战略则否定,直到肯定了才会继续谈。因此Ury认为这是一种积极的否定。但是,他也提醒我们如果你在徘徊,踌躇之中,那么答案很可能就是否定的。
因此,我从Ury那里得到了什么呢?我知道一个很好的谈判其实是一个很好的自我认知和良好的人际交往技巧的结合。当然,毋庸置疑,这也是你生活中所经历过的事情的综合体现。
其实,在我们的生活中,总是有无数的机会让我们不断进行谈判练习,甚至,如Web Worker Daily 所指出的,哪怕在写邮件的时候。你可以和你的配偶,和老板,甚至和你那个不清理院子的邻居练习。在小事情练习的越好,在大事情谈判时就越有把握。
译者的话:
谈判时一门艺术,谈判时要沉得住气,要明确自己的价值,明确自己想要达成怎样的协议,在此基础上先听对方的阐述,然后找到切入点,把自己的观点摆出来。毕竟,这是谈判,谈判的最佳结果是达到双赢的状态,而我们如果没有表明自己的立场的话,谈判将会有失偏颇。
原文:How to negotiate when you have nothing to leverage
翻译:OneLeo
You probably know by now that while I go by the name Penelope today, it didn’t start out as my real name. It was a pen name. My editor at Time Warner gave it to me, and the first time I saw it was in a contract. It looked like a good place to start negotiating.
现在你大概明白了我为什么起Penelope这个名字了吧,其实它并不是根据我的真实名字而来的,它只是一个笔名而已。是我在时代华纳时的编辑给我的这个名字,而且我第一次知道这个名字,是因为我要签的这份合同上写的是这个名字。这看起来是需要一场谈判了。
But when asked about writing under a different name my editor said, “When you’re Dominick Dunne you can negotiate with Time Warner.”
但当在我询问是否可以签不同的名字时也就是签我的真实名字时,我的编辑说:“只有当你是Dominick Dunne的时候,你才有权利与时代华纳谈判。”
And herein lays the problem with most negotiations. You are in a great position if you have something to leverage, like, another person willing to give you the same type of deal. This is called your BATNA (best alternative to negotiated agreement). But in most cases, one party has an especially terrible BATNA. In the case of me and Time Warner, if I said no to them, they would have ten million people who would love to write a column for them. If they said no to me, I would not have a column.
那么这便是大多数谈判的问题所在了。当你处于一个很有力的位置时,你手中有王牌的时候,就比如,另外一个人愿意给你同样一种类型的交易。这被叫做达成谈判协议的最佳选择方案BATNA (best alternative to negotiated agreement).。但大多数时,总是由乙方处于谈判地位中的劣势。比如我和时代华纳之间,即使我拒绝了他们,他们还是有无数人愿意给他们写专栏。但是,如果他们对我说了不,那么我将一个专栏都没有了。
Yet most advice about negotiating assumes you have a good BATNA. In an interview I did with William Ury, the author of my favorite negotiation book, Getting to Yes, he said that negotiation is all about knowing your BATNA and knowing the other party’s BATNA and then helping both of you to get what you want.
大多数关于协商谈判的建议假定你都有一个达成谈判协议的最佳选择方案。在一次采访William Ury的过程中,他是我最喜欢的一本谈判书:Getting to Yes的作者,他说:谈判其实就是知道你自己的达成谈判协议的最佳选择方案,并且也能够知道对方的,那么尽量都达到你们想要的最佳方案。
If you think about negotiating from this vantage point, then you can understand why job hopping is okay in today’s market: the BATNA for young people is stronger than the BATNA for hiring managers. Hiring managers are scrambling to hire young people and the young people are quitting faster than human resources can replace them. Meanwhile, the alternatives for young people are increasing - they can live at their parents’ house, they can start their own company, and they can travel. All great alternatives to getting a job at a company.
如果你从这样一个较好的角度来思考谈判的话,你便可以理解为什么跳槽在当今的市场中是被认可的:那是因为年轻人在谈判中的最佳方案比招聘方的方案更强势。经理总是想雇佣年轻人,而年轻人跳槽的速度远远是人力资源无法弥补的。同时, 年轻人的有利条件又在不断增加:他们可以和父母住在一起,他们可以创业,他们还可以旅游。这些都是在企业上班的很好的备选方案。
That said, sooner or later each of us finds ourselves in a situation where we have a really lousy BATNA. I find myself in this position a lot, as a writer. For example, a very large syndicate asked me to write for them. It would have meant having my column run in 400 newspapers at a time when I had about ten newspapers. I sent the contract to my lawyer, thinking he’d just take a quick look and say yes. But he told me that there was a clause that made me essentially unable to write for anyone else. Ever. We tried negotiating and they wouldn’t budge. Of course they wouldn’t. Millions of people want to write a syndicated column. So I had to say no. It was a very hard decision. In hindsight I am thankful for that lawyer, but for years after that, every time I found myself struggling, I worried that I did the wrong thing with the syndicate.
如此说来,我们每一个人早晚都可以找到自己的位置一个达成谈判协议的最佳方案。 正如我发现自己作为作家这个职位一样。例如,一个很大的联合企业邀请我替他们写文章。那将意味着我可能会在400分报纸中拥有我的专栏而那个时候我只有10份报纸。于是,我把合同发给我的律师,本以为他会很快速的浏览一下并同意。但是没有想到,他告诉我合同中有一个条款对我有本质上的影响,那便是我不能再给别人写专栏。然而,我们也一直试图协商,但是终未有结果。当然是他们不愿意。成千上万的人想写这个企业联合专栏,而我也不得不拒绝了。当然,做这个决定是非常艰难的。以后见之明来说,我还是要感谢那个律师,但是几年过去了,每次当我觉得我走投无路时,我总是怀疑当时自己做了一个错误的决定。
When Yahoo offered me the chance to write for them, they gave me a difficult contract. I gave it to the lawyer and the lawyer was very frank: It’s not a great contract, but it’s a great opportunity, and you should take it. So we talked about some things I could try asking for that would not be that hard for Yahoo to give on, just to be nice. I gave Yahoo a short list, they picked a few things, and I signed.
当雅虎给我一个写专栏的机会时,他们也给了我一个很苛刻的合同。我把它给了律师,律师很坦率:这虽然不是一个很好的合同,但却是一个不错的机会,你可以试试看。因此我们就谈论了一些关于雅虎给我的合同条款,并且我给了雅虎一个清单,他们也同意了几条,于是我就签了合同。
So what have I learned from all this? If one person has a great BATNA and the other has a terrible one, it’s not really negotiations; it’s trying to get a little something extra. It’s asking for a favor. If you approach negotiations from this perspective then you are much more likely to get a little bit of what you want.
那么,我从这里学到了什么呢?如果一个人有着很好的达成协议谈判的最佳方案,而另一个人却没有,这就算不上谈判;那是一种乞求。如果你从这个角度来进行谈判的话,你还是有可能得到一点点你想要的。
Figure out where your counterpart might be willing to give a little. Even if your BATNA clearly stinks, most people you negotiate with will be willing to give a little just to create some good will for the working relationship you are establishing.
找到对方在何处可能会有一点点让步。即使你的方案明显很烂,大多数和你谈判的人还是会愿意稍微让步一点以便未来可以和你建立一个良好的合作关系。
So you can read all the negotiation advice in the world, but if you have a terrible BATNA, what you really need is advice about how to ask for a favor. And, ironically, the advice for asking for a favor is the same advice for negotiating: Know what is most important and least important to both parties.
因此你可以阅读世界上所有有关于谈判的建议,但是如果你有一个糟糕的方案,你最最需要的是对如何乞求的建议。其实,这个建议其实也是对于如何进行谈判的建议:要弄清楚对于谈判双方什么是最重要的而什么又是最不重要的。
其实,我们的生活中时时都需要谈判的,商场上与竞争对手的谈判,职场上与面试官的谈判,生活中与自己的谈判。而在这些谈判中,我们究竟是出于劣势还是优势地位?
出于优势地位固然很好,我们可以充分发挥有利资源,打一个大胜仗。可是,往往很多时候,我们总是处于劣势,比如找工作时的谈判,因为需要工作的人实在太多太多,所以,这么位置对我们来说看上去就比较有吸引力。而当我们处于极端劣势的时候如何进行谈判呢?原文作者以她亲身经历的一件事情,来向我们阐述:这个时候不要全然拒绝,而是认真考虑对方可能让步的条件,从这些条件入手得到你可以得到的一些权利和利益。而这些,利益对于对方来说并不止于构成威胁,可是,却也可以让我们的完全被动的地位,变得主动。
关于,谈判的技巧,我想我们是需要多多补充和学习。
下面是译者从网上搜索的一些关于提高谈判技巧的相关文章,书和链接,希望能够对大家有所帮助:
http://www.35wl.com/TanPan/jiqiao/ (商务文库-商务谈判-谈判技巧)
http://www.5ucom.com/Special/tp/ (无忧商务,谈判技巧相关电子书)
原文:Be memorable by telling good stories about yourself
翻译:OneLeo
When someone says, “So tell me about yourself,” a lot of people stumble. When you craft your answer, you have 10 million hours of information to choose from. Many people actually hate getting this question because it’s so hard to zero-in on an answer.
当有人问:“那么说说你自己吧,”很多人都会瞠目结舌。当你准备加工润色你的答案时,你会有数不清的信息供你选择。事实上,很多人确实很讨厌被问到这种问题,因为很难简化成一个答案。(也就是说,你很难把自己已经生活过的数千万个小时里发生的所有故事都回忆一遍,然后从中选择一个好的答案。)
This is an honest question. Someone wants to know about you. You should learn to choose the right things to say, so you can answer the question in a way that allows people to connect with you and remember you.
确实存在这种问题,因为他们想了解你。你应该学会选择恰当的事情来说,这样你可才可以用一种能让人们把你与你的故事联系起来并且记住你的方式来回答这种问题。
“The villain of getting ideas across is the curse of knowledge,”says Chip Heath, Stanford business school professor and co-author of the book Made to Stick: Why Some Ideas Survive and Others Die. When you know something really well, like every detail of your life, Heath says, it’s difficult to figure out how to tell someone who doesn’t know.
斯坦福商学院的教授,Made to Stick: Why Some Ideas Survive and Others Die (让创意更有黏性)的合著者Chip Heath说过:“The villain of getting ideas across is the curse of knowledge”当你非常清楚记得某些事情,如你生活中的每一个细节之处,Heath说,那将很难向不了解你的人描述清楚这些事情。
Everyone has a complicated background. You need to pull that background together in a way that creates a single, memorable picture of yourself that is relevant to the person you’re talking to. In high school Ryan Patriquin focused on fine arts, but in college realized he really enjoyed computer-generated art, like “Toy Story.”
每个人都有一个非常复杂的背景。你需要做的是以某种方式把所有的背景整合在一起形成一个关于你的简单、令人印象深刻而又与对方相关的图片。高中时Ryan Patriquin专注于美术,但是在大学他意识到他很喜欢计算机制作艺术,像玩具总动员。
He spent a couple of years as a graphic designer. Then, while working at a large company that was going through transition, he got an opportunity to fill in as a product manager.
他花了几年的时间从事图像设计。然后,在一家大公司工作的时候,成功完成了他的转型, 最后他成为了一名产品经理。
Now 28, Patriquin was recently interviewing at EBSCO Publishing, a provider of reference, subscription and other information services. In the interview, he said, “I’m a creative person who has product management experience.”
This is a way for him to convey to people that he has two skills without explaining every detail of his life.
现在28岁的Patriquin正在EBSCO Publishing参加面试,这个公司是一个参考,订阅和其他信息服务的提供商。在面试中他说:“我是一个富有创造性的人,同时我还有多年的产品经理的经验!”这个方法可以告诉别人他有着两种技能却无需把生活中的每个细节都讲出来。
When you hear a summary like this, and it sounds obvious, that’s because it is right. But most people cannot see their own history so clearly to convey a short, one-sentence summary of who they are. You have to find your one-sentence if you want people to remember it. Try it out whenever someone asks you, “What do you do?” or “Tell me about yourself.” The answer to this question is a work in progress, and you can judge how you’re doing by how engaged the person’s response to you is.
当你听到这样的一个总结,你会觉得它很显而易见,因为它是对的。但是大多数人并不能如此清楚地看到自己的过去,然后总结一个很短却很有意义的一句话的自我介绍。你必须要找到别人能够记住你的一句话。试试看,当任何一个人问你:“你是做什么的?”或者“告诉我一些关于你的事情吧”那么这个问题的答案,就可以是这种模式的,并且你能够从别人的反应中看到自己所做的事情如何?
As for Patriquin, Brenda Kelley, a recruiter at EBSCO Publishing, says “He packaged himself in a way that helped me know he was the right person for the position. And we ended up hiring him.” Patriquin is now a user interface designer for the company.
作为EBSCO Publishing的面试官Patriquin, Brenda Kelley,说:“他用打包的一种方式来告诉我他正是这份工作的最佳人选,并且最终我们聘用了他。”Patriquin 现在是一家公司用户界面的设计者。
Sometimes, you only have time for a one-sentence summary of your life - when you are introduced to someone in passing, for example. But sometimes, there is more time for an answer - in an interview, for example. When you have more time, tell a story.
有时候,你只有可以说一句话的时间来概括你自己并且将自己介绍给别人,但有时候,面试的时候可能有更多的时间给你,这个时候,你可以讲一个故事。
The best way to have people connect with what you say about yourself, and remember what you say, is to tell a story. Most people instinctively list details about their life, “I did this, then this, then this.” It’s not very interesting. Stories are more engaging, so get used to talking about yourself in stories instead of in lists.
让别人记住你最好的方法,是讲一个故事。大多数人本能地会列出关于自己生活的一个清单“我做个这个,然后是这个,然后又是这个……”这很无趣。但是讲故事却更有吸引力,因此尝试用故事来叙述你自己而不是用清单列出你自己。
Telling stories about yourself takes practice. A lot of it is trial and error. As you’re telling the story out loud, you’ll instinctively feel if it’s a flop or not. When you find a good story, hone it until you’re conveying what you want people to know, in a way they’ll enjoy hearing.
用讲故事的方式来讲述你自己这是需要练习的。这个过程是需要反复的。当你大声的讲故事,你可以本能的知道这个故事是否合适。当你发现了一个好故事,那么就要遣词造句仔细推敲直到你能够把自己想表达的内容准确地告诉别人,而且能够引人入胜。
A story I used to tell in interviews is how I made my career choice during an argument with my ex-boyfriend.
我在面试时讲的一个故事是关于我在做自己的职业生涯选择时是如何跟我的前任男友发生争执的。
Heath says there are three different kinds of plots we can create about ourselves.
Heath 说过有三种不同的套路使我们来创建一个关于自己的精彩的故事:
1. The challenge plot. You overcame an obstacle to get to where you are. Heath’s example is someone who says, “I’m really good at customer-focused service.” It’s not very persuasive if someone makes that declaration. But this challenge plot makes things more persuasive; “I learned customer service working at an ice cream stand. In the summer the line was twenty people deep and it was a challenge to keep the customers happy.” Now the listener has an image in their mind of you being good at customer service.
1. 挑战性的。你战胜了你前进过程中的巨大的障碍。Heath有个例子是这样的:某人说“我是一个很好的客户服务工作者”但这种说法没有说服力,而下面这个关于挑战性的套路却更有说服力“我在冰激凌店从事服务工作,夏天的时候,队伍要排到20几个人,所以要保持客户满意是一个很大的挑战。”这时,面试官就开始动用他们的想象力来想象你是如何一个如有挑战性的客户服务人员了。
2. The creativity plot. In this plot, the turning point in the story is a eureka moment - when an idea comes to you and changes everything. You could say, “My business is about selling textbooks.” Or you could say, “I had an idea to sell textbooks, but I couldn’t figure out how to market them as interesting to the consumer. Then it hit me that no one has a favorite text book, but everyone has a favorite professor. So I needed to use the professors to hook in the customers.”
2. 创造性的。 如果使用这个套路的话,故事的转折点就在于灵光一现——突然一个很好的主意,然后便改变了所有的一切。你可能说:“我的工作是销售教科书。”或者你可以说:“我想卖教科书,但是我无法让消费者对教科书感兴趣。我恍然大悟,就算没有被人喜欢的课本,但人人都有一个自己喜爱的教授。这样我可以通过教授来吸引我们的客户。”
3. The connection plot. This plot comes in when you are telling a story about bringing a team together. For example, “our toy company merged with another toy company and people were duplicating each others’ efforts to create a new doll line. I convinced the teams to combine designs and work together. We created a doll that dominated the collectible doll market that Christmas.”
3. 整合性的。 这个方法大多来源于你讲述一个关于团队活动的故事。例如:“我们的玩具公司被另一家玩具公司给兼并了,于是人们复制彼此的生产线。我整合了我们团队的设计部门和加工部门,因此我们的玩具娃娃在圣诞节的时候几乎是主导了整个玩具娃娃收藏市场。”
Once you’ve practiced a bit, you can relish the moment someone says, “So, what do you do?” If you understand how to talk about yourself, this is an opening to connect in a meaningful way and make a lasting impression.
只要你能够练习一点点,你便可以享受那个时刻——当某人问你:“那么,你是做什么?”如果你懂得了如何谈论自己,这将是一个非常宽泛很有意义的方式并且会给对方保留一个持久的印象。
这又是一个很启迪的建议,大家不妨多多练习一下关于自己的一句话或者一个故事。
这句话,要精辟要富有代表性要一针见血的表述出你自己。而你的故事,除了要富有代表性之外还要足够的吸引人的精彩。想想在已经过去的那些生活,学习和工作的日子里,哪些事情是你最最引以自豪的事情,哪些事情是最足以证明你在某方面具有这个特性和特长的,大家可以练习一下,并于你身边的朋友相互模仿一下。相信这对于你的面试会有所帮助的。
在这里,我还要再引用以下余世维老师的讲座:有效沟通.在有效沟通里,余老师就问我们这样的问题:用一句话来概括自己的产品,用两句话来说,用5分钟的时间,用十五分钟的时间,甚至用半个小时的时间,我们都要有自己不同的答案。
好好准备吧,相信自己就会成功!
| They aren’t goting to renew our contract. | 他们不打算和我们续约。 |
| Don’t tip belongings of the bag onto the table! | 别把袋子里的东西倒在桌子上。 |
| The policy doesn’t cover all prescription costs. | 这份保单并没有涵盖所有的处方费用。 |
| I bombed the exam of CET-4. | 我四级考试考砸了。 |
| Why would I want personal liability coverage? | 我为何要买个人责任险? |
| Who is going to take this minutes? | 谁来做会议记录? |
| Don’t buy insurance you don’t need. | 别买自己不需要的保险。 |
| She threw the coffee dregs into the sink. | 她把咖啡渣倒进水池里。 |
| The policy expiration date is September 21. | 这张保单九月二十一日到期。 |
| What’s going to be covered on the test? | 考试的范围是什么? |
| Do I get partial or full dental coverage? | 我的牙齿保险是部分还是全额给付? |
| They made the wrong calculation of their situation. | 他们错误的估计了形势。 |
| The car insurance is compulsory. | 这项汽车保险是强制性的。 |
| Click on the button below to sign up. | 点击下面的按钮注册。 |
| Is the beneficiary the same as the isured? | 受益人和被保险人是同一人么? |
| His glasses fell down on the floor and broke up. | 他的眼镜掉在地上摔碎了。 |
| Can you pay in advance of shipment? | 你们可以在货送到之前付款么? |
| Please turn in the tests. | 请把考卷交上来。 |
| Is it possible for you to pay in one lump sum? | 你们有没有可能一次付清? |
| It was a difficult task, but we brought it off. | 任务艰难,但是我们圆满完成了。 |
| Our customer usually pay by letter of credit. | 我们的客户通常以信用证来付款。 |
| China Criticizes Olympics Tie-in. | 中国政府批评奥运会捆绑。 |
| Here is a tentative freee on board price list. | 这是暂时的船上交货价目表。 |
| The power is running low. | 快要没电了。 |
| Why is the delivery to Cutters delayed? | 为什么到卡特斯公司的货延迟了? |
| I don’t want to be at odds with my neighbors. | 我不想与邻居争执什么? |
| I am not opposed to cash on delivery. | 我不反对货到付款。 |
| It figures. | 不用说也知道。早知如此。 |
| There are many types of bills of lading. | 提单的种类繁多。 |
| He doesn’t know beans about insurance business at all. | 他对保险业务一窍不通。 |
| Mexico has made efforts to reduce smuggling. | 墨西哥一直努力减少走私。 |
| The ban was deemed a non-tarriff barrier to trade. | 这项禁令被视为非关税壁垒。 |
| Don’t forget to clock out before you go. | 走之前别忘打卡。 |
| It’s all there for a reason. | 自由其存在的道理。 |
| Japan eased its import ban on US beef. | 日本解除对美国牛肉进口令。 |
| I wouldn’t look at it like that. | 我不会用这个角度来看。 |
| John bought his wife some duty-free perfume. | 约翰买了些免税香水给他太太。 |
| Penny wise, pound foolish. | 小事聪明,大事糊涂。贪小便宜吃大亏。 |
| Many citizens support protectionism. | 许多国民支持保护主义。 |
| What took you so long? | 怎么那么长时间? |
| Hynix has often been accused by its rivals of dumping. | 海力士经常被对手指控倾销。 |
| He eats no fish and palys the game. | 他忠诚而守规矩。 |
| The balance of trade showed a surplus after 1999. | 贸易余额自1999年后呈现顺差。 |
| It’s like trying to find a needle in a haystack. | 这象大海捞针一样难。 |
| The currency markets have been volatile recently. | 货币市场最近不太稳定。 |
| Fill me in. | 跟我说说发生了什么事? |
| I can’t do with loud music. | 我无法忍受吵闹的音乐。 |
| Japan allows its currency to float. | 日本浮动其货币汇率。 |
| The country’s agricultural exports have increased this year. | 该国今年的农业出口增加。 |
| Anywhere but here. | 除了这里,去哪里都可以。 |
Oneleo计划在4月份的时候,要买这本书,并同时买一些其他的书。这本书,个人建议还是彻底执行一下。因为,这本书告诉我们如何以一颗积极的心态去面对我们的生活,工作以及我们的人际关系。这不仅是一本销售的圣典,也是一本人生的指导。
强烈推荐朋友们看看,并且以实际行动来实践一下。对于想改变自己生活状态的那些朋友,对于想努力前进而不满足的那些朋友,对于想实现个人梦想的那些朋友们!
书,不是看完便束之高阁的,电子书也不是看完,便被删掉或者埋葬在文件夹下众多目录之中的,书是读完了要再次反复阅读的,反复体会,反复思考和反复实践的。
所以,这本书虽好,但是恐怕任何一个人在读的时候都回恍然大悟,但是读完之后就又会继续自己原来的一些就习惯,那为什么在看完这本书之后,不给自己列出几条以后禁止的一些行为习惯呢?贴在你容易看见的地方,每周定期进行一次自我反省,看看自己有没有改掉那些不是很好的习惯和生活态度。如果没有反省,就不会有进步。而如果没有实践,就不会有效果。
建议如果已经读完这本书的朋友们,在周末的时间里重新拿起这本书再回顾一下,相信你又会有新的感悟和发现。而这些都将是对你有益的。
首先感谢Edwin对本书的留言, 他以自己的切身实践和体会跟我们分享了,他在读完这本书之后的想法。
Oneleo也承认,对于一个初涉职场的人来说,看这本书或许只能看个表面,而并非能够看到深处。Oneleo相信自己也没有真正看到深处的,毕竟阅历不够。所以,很多时候,很多道理,还是需要我们自己亲身去实践了,去体验了才会有更深的认识。
生活需要我们不断地去实践,而书籍可以指导我们实践和思考的方式和方向。
补充说明:
Oneleo 原定的计划是:每周看一本书,然后与大家分享。但是,由于当时考虑不充分,并没有考虑到书的内容,性质以及长度。
下周Oneleo 在看一本国际贸易研究生的教材《今日全球商务》,需要两个周甚至半个月的时间去读,然后再需要一个周的时间去消化,所以,在4月份的话,Oneleo 只能推荐1—2本书。
请大家见谅!